Nissan Skyline R33 GTR V-Spec N1
55 x V-Spec N1 (Series 1) *As there are some pre-production cars with unknown details that could also V-Spec N1, the exact number is unknown. The number of confirmed V-Spec N1 (Series 1) is 55.
21 x V-Spec N1 (Series 2).
10 x V-Spec N1 (Series 3)
= 86 Known R33 GTR N1.
|Loading data from server|
Changes from Standard
To Increase Durability:
1. Turbo chargers used metal turbines
2. Thickness of piston second land increased from 4.0mm to 4.6mm
3. Changes to material used in con-rod bearings
4. Strengthened air inlet hosing
5. Use of air cooled oil cooler
6. Larger vanes in water pump
7. Strengthened areas around cylinder boss head bolt boss, N1 engine (block stamped 24U).
To Increase Response:
8. Thinner piston ring gap (top and second - from 1.5mm to 1.2mm)
9. Changes to cam profiles (the exhaust side overlap - 0 to 5 degrees)
To Increase Cooling Ability:
10. Placement of 2 engine cooling slits
11. Air ducts in bumper
12. Elimination of screen in bumper
13. Placement of "hood top molding"
14. Use of multiple oil coolers (optional)
15. Change to shape of rear spoiler
CD: 0.35 -> 0.35
CLF: 0.09 -> 0.01
CLR: 0.14 -> 0.15
(numbers are compared to standard R33 GT-R)
16. Use of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic) front undercover.
17. No radio
18. No rear window wiper/washer
19. No UV cut glass windows
20. No passenger airbag
21. No Air Conditioning
Price of the N1 car was about 1,200,000 yen more than GTR, and 700,000 yen more than the V-Spec model.
All Series 1 V-Spec N1 have the model code of GGJPRWFR33ZDA--C--
All Series 2 V-Spec N1 have the model code of GGJPRWFR33ZDA--N--
All Series 3 V-Spec N1 have the model code of GGJPRWFR33ZDA--R--
[Looking for photo!]
R33 GTR V-Spec N1 Brochure
Scans and VIN plate provided by Terry Tung-Yep.